TypeScript Developer - London, UK
Secretarium is a London-based deep tech start up with a passion for data security. We build products with the latest privacy- preserving technology, combining secure hardware and tamper-proof code to guarantee the highest levels of security. We’re currently working across sectors including fintech, public health and compliance.
We have just closed a £5 million seed funding round with investors, IQ Capital, and are growing the team to scale the reach of our privacy-preserving technology.
Are you our ideal candidate?
We are looking for a candidate with a sharp appreciation for modern security and privacy concerns which aligns with our vision. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user-orientated web, desktop and mobile applications using React cross-platform via Expo.
You must have in depth knowledge of Redux, Recoil, Expo libraries and frameworks and must have a robust experience developing highly interactive real-time data applications. You must be able to implement unit and end-to-end testing. You will also need to contribute to the profiling and improvement of performance as well as expected to participate in our codebase documentation and developer documentation efforts.
As part of our company, you may need to interact with our back-end developer teams and as such must be comfortable around reading C++ sources.
You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and user experience, along with the confidence and mindset to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical members of the team.
Your work day will vary, but will include:
- Meeting with the development team to discuss user interface ideas and applications
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs
- Identifying web-based user interactions
- Developing and implementing highly responsive React UI components
- Writing non-critical middleware in NodeJS/Deno
- Troubleshooting interfaces and debugging application code
- Monitoring and improving front-end performance
- Implement tests to validate that resulting code executes appropriately
- Documenting application changes and developing updates
- Participate in the writeup of developer documentation
Essential skills for the role:
- Strong understanding of current best practices in modern web security
- Previous experience working as a TypeScript Developer
- In-depth knowledge of TypeScript and React Native CSS compatible features
- Knowledge of tools including Nx, Webpack, Jest, Cypress (or Playwright)
- Experience with UI design
- Knowledge of Jest testing framework applied to React
- Experience with browser-based debugging and performance testing software
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Good project management skills
- Qualification in related field or other relevant experience
Any of these skills would be a bonus:
- Experience with UX design and research
- Passion for creating beautiful vector interfaces
- Experience with web animations using Framer Motion or Reanimated
- Curiosity for DevOps
If you're interested in applying:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- A couple of sentences introducing yourself and telling us why you’re interested in joining Secretarium
- A CV (Linkedin export or link is acceptable)